The Student Voice Association (SVA) advocates for the interests and needs of the student community at MICA. SVA serves as a liaison between students, administrators, faculty, and staff promoting a culture of transparency, inclusion, and collaboration.
Past Accomplishments of SVA
2022 - Spring
- Student Advocacy successfully led to Founders Green elevator renovations for fall
- Led initiative to cancel NFT course opposed by students
- Advocated for reversing optional mask wearing that increased risk for immunocompromised students
- Successfully pushed for disability training for dining facility staff
- SVA becomes official student government